Guiding, Inspiring, Achieving
'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' Philippians 4:13
At St. Stephen's we want our pupils to develop enthusiasm and motivation for life and for learning; taking pride in success and achievement. We want our pupils to embrace the future with hope, faith, confidence and compassion.
Within our Christian ethos we will:
- Create a happy, caring, secure atmosphere where children and staff feel valued
- Develop a concern for the needs of others through an understanding of the Christian faith
- Teach a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum which extends the children’s interests and experiences
- Recognise individual effort and promote high achievement in all areas
- Develop independence, confidence and self-esteem in our pupils
- Provide a stimulating and well-resourced learning environment with opportunities for imaginative and creative expression
- Within a learning community ensure equality of opportunity for all
- Teach respect for and appreciation of the world around us and promote tolerance, understanding and a respect for the religious, moral and cultural values of others
- Maintain a partnership between teachers, parents, governors and pupils
- Maintain a strong relationship between school, the church and the wider community
As part of our work on reviewing our vision, staff summarised our aspirations for your children in these Building Blocks.