St Stephen's Curriculum
It is our aim at St Stephens’s to provide a broad and balanced curriculum that develops the whole child.
We aim to deliver a rich and varied diet of activities and experiences, both within and beyond the class room, providing opportunities for discussion, exploration, reflection and evaluation that will inform and engage children in their learning, so we can inspire and ignite passions for the future.
We will create opportunities for both independent and shared learning where children are guided in their learning journey and are able to build on existing skills, whilst developing new skills and knowledge that will enable them to become confident, resilient, life long learners.
In each year group children experience three topics; one is book based, one is humanities based (History and Geography) and the other RE based. Through these topics all other subjects will be taught, with the exception of Mathematics. It is our aim, through the vehicle of the topics to link the children’s learning so they are able to see the transference of skills learnt and how this can help them to overcome new challenges.
In addition to this, all children in Key Stage 2 will experience a carousel of activities including Music, French, Art/Design Technology and ICT. These subjects will be delivered by staff within the key stage, giving children the opportunity to be taught by other teachers and for teachers who have developed subject specialisms, to provide quality learning experiences for the children.
We make use of the Letters and Sounds programme to teach children phonics. We use a range of books that are book banded and linked to the phonics' scheme.
- Year 1 Curriculum overview
- Year 2 Curriculum overview
- Year 3 curriculum overview
- Year 4 curriculum overview
- Year 5 curriculum overview
- Year 6 curriculum overview
- Curriculum drivers that underpin all learning across the school
- Maths progression in calculations
- Year 1 Maths end of year expectations
- Year 2 Maths end of year expectations
- Year 3 Maths end of year expectations
- Year 4 Maths end of year expectations
- Year 5 Maths end of year expectations
- Year 6 Maths end of year expectations